Swing Patrol Classes In Bunswick, Melbourne + A Special Night

Brunswick Classes (Mondays)

The Brunswick classes are really good fun and have been my favourites so far. There is something quite special about them. Brunswick has its own swing dancing community and you can tell how much people enjoy being part of that.

Classes of all levels take place at the ‘Bridie O’Reilly’s Brunswick’ which helps as it's a cool place with a good vibe. We’re talking about a big pub with a separate area that's just perfect for dancing. The right size of dance floor, a DJ desk and a big screen showing pictures of swing dancers in action gives you the feeling that you’re in the right place.

                                                           
The classes themselves are of a high standard. I was impressed by the level 1 class I took the first time I went. I'd actually aimed for a level 2 but was early so joined the level 1 class and I'm glad I did. Kieran and Georgia are just amazing. Not only are they great dancers, but it’s their way of teaching and passing on knowledge about music and the enjoyment of the dance that makes them unique. 


From the very first class it's about the music and rhythm and what you can do with it. This is linked with the basic step and body movement. I took a lot away from those classes and it seemed the perfect level for me even though I've been dancing for almost a year now.

                       
15/06/2015
A Special Night In Brunswick

I’m glad I rushed off from work to make it for that one bus that would take me to Brunswick just in time for the class. If I hadn’t done so, I would've missed out on a very special night in the ‘Bridie O'Reilly's Brunswick’.

 Georgia’s and Kieran’s last time teaching there! I wasn’t only lucky to be part of that, I’m also glad I didn’t miss my last opportunity to interview them for my blog:-)! 



It was lovely to see how much their students seem to miss them already. There were a lot of hugs and little chats going on after the lesson but I was still able to get them aside for a quick interview. Please read what they had to say below: 


It was ‘Brunswick Party Monday’ and more and more dancers showed up after the class to get on the dance floor for some social dancing. It got very busy and it was nice to recognise people I met at the festival, in classes or workshops. A lot of teachers were around too, which might have to do with the special occasion.

No doubt about that actually as Kieran and Georgia didn’t get away without a lot of applause, a lovely speech held by one their long time students, some pressies, hugs and of course some leaving dances inside the circle.

The Brunswick performance group 'Jazzabells' were another highlight of the evening and after that dancing till late. What a great night! Thanks lovely Brunswick people :-)!!!



trying not to attract anyones attention having
 this taken.Haha! Didn't work! (background)



: