Fitzroy Interviews

Interview


Loz
Dancing for/since:   12 years
Teacher for/since: 10 years




A favorite tune Favourite tune?
“Too many to choose from” … obviously :-), so she just gave me her current one: shuffling'n rollin' by Buddy Johnson


One dancing experience you'll never forget:
When I asked her that, she said something very beautiful:
“I love that we have a global community. Without that I would have never met the people I met or travelled to the places I did. Only the dancing made that happen.”

What makes your class a good class to come to?
“Because we always have fun and learn something too.”

Comments (by me):
I just can't believe this!!! We had a little bit of a chat (while I was looking in my bag for my notepad and pen) and when I mentioned that I was dancing in Brighton, Loz asked me straight away if I knew Graeme and Amanda and of course I do! Amanda even mentioned a teacher in Melbourne I should say hi to and the description fitted just perfectly, thinking about it now. I’d never expected to actually meet her though. Come on! Here in Melbourne! Out of all those teachers and Loz was alsojust filling in tonight... It was meant to be! So we took a picture for Graeme and Amanda and for you guys of course ;-).


Interview


Josh
Dancing for/since:   2002
Teacher for/since:  2005




A favorite tune Favourite tune?
“No specific one. Anything over 200 beats per min. You just know when it’s a good song.”


One dancing experience you'll never forget:
He was thinking for quite a while and then came up with this really cool story about a Lindy Blues event he organised a few years back. “It was the atmosphere that made this one really special". Different music with different speed was played in each room. People got really into it and inspired each other and this was not just for a moment. It lasted for hours and hours and only got better.

What makes your class a good class to come to?
I will always give people an idea on what to focus with their dancing, which keeps them busy for weeks or months. I teach in a way for dancers not to lose interest in dancing.




: