Swing Patrol Class North Melbourne

08/07/2015

Location:

Czech House
497 Queensberry St North Melbourne (Wednesdays)

It was 'Julia day' again today. She was filling in at North Melbourne tonight too.She welcomed me with a big smile and a "hello, I see you every day of this week!"

That was very true and I had no problem at all with it as I've been enjoying her classes a lot.

I also liked the fact that it was Nial this time she was teaching with. I'd met Nial many times and danced with him at all sorts of social events.

It was always good fun and I only found out by chance that he was a teacher when I watched him dancing 'Shag' and said to someone, "wow, he’s good at that!" That’s when I was told, "he’s the 'Shag' teacher!"




This was my first class with him and I was looking forward to it.

The level 2 class was really good, we learnt variations for swing outs, that worked well and looked good.
 
I again liked the fact that Julia looked around and always seemed to pop up at the right moment if somebody needed some help or had a question. That way it really made the moves sink in.

The second class for that night was the 'Shag level 1'. Perfect. I hadn't done much 'shagging' but knowing the basic step made me just the right level to fit in as the 'Shag' classes had been going on for a little while.

I had so much fun with this one. Nial is not only a good dancer but also a good teacher and I could tell that everyone around had just as much fun :-). We left the class with quite a few fun little 'Shag' moves we all tried during social dancing afterwards.


:

IanKSRobertson(IKSR)

hello fantastic site cheers ian

Anonymous

Hey Julia, awesome blog. Love being kept updated about your experiences. XOXO