Melbourne CBD Interviews



Interview


Chris
Dancing for/since:  5 years
Teacher for/since: 2 years (Swing)


A favorite tune Favourite tune?
Allen Toussaint - St James Infermary

One dancing experience you'll never forget:
"Dancing with my wife in AJC and performances. I really enjoy sharing the dance I love and being able to do that with my wife. It's an awesome feeling."

What makes your class a good class to come to?
What makes MY classes good ones? Um... I don't take too many things too seriously, so I try to make my classes fun to be in, if people accidently learn to dance while they're there then I'm doing OK.
Comments by me:
Chris was the second teacher who gave me different times as an answer to one of my first questions. He was only teaching swing for two years. In total he was teaching for 3.5 years. That automatically lead to a follow up question:

What type of dancing were you teaching before Swing?

"I previously taught Modern Jive, the dance that got me dancing before I discovered Swing and Blues.
It's a good dance, I know a lot of people hate it, but it is fun and there's a really nice community in Melbourne as well. People just need to try different things."


Interview


Julia
Dancing for/since: 2008 (Swing)
Teacher for/since: 2010



: